BACN Launches Web 2.0 Initiative
The Bay Area Consultants Network has launched a new initiative to help its members learn how to harness the business potential of the Web 2.0 world. As part of this initiative, two companies and the organization itself are implementing procedures that create visibility and credibility for the businesses, encourage customer engagement and develop compelling communities of interest. Updates are given at each monthly meeting and a full program on the initiative will take place early in 2008.
Some Web 2.0 Tools BACN Members Recommend
(from our Forum Notes page)
- LinkedIn (see the Marketing Profs tutorial for help with this) online “resume” and business network
- Del.icio.us social bookmarking: see what people have marked as interesting about a topic. (Check the tag BACNWeb2 for links to more Web 2.0 tools)
- Digg (hot stories online).
- Interactive surveys (e.g. SurveyMonkey)
- Yelp online reviews.
- Visible Path corporate social networks.